The holiday’s are approaching quickly which means you’re probably starting to pinch those pennies. So when it comes to sprucing up your bathroom to impress your friends your budget is probably on your mind. That’s why we’ve compiled a list of 10 ways to spruce up your bathroom for under $50
Photo by DIY Network
- Paint: Your bathroom shouldn’t take more than a gallon of paint to completely change the color or to save even more buy a pint and touch up your existing color. Paint can give new life to any bathroom and nothing beats that new paint smell.
Photo by Home BNC
- Re-Organize & Declutter: Nothing is worse than a bathroom vanity top full of stuff, especially when you have company. Declutter your bathroom by throwing away outdated items, move unused items to a drawer or in cabinets, and display items such as soaps, hand towels, and other “must see” items fashionably.
Photo by Crate and Barrel
- New Towels and Bath Mats: Over time towels and bath mats can get dingy and worn out. Why not replace them with plush new towels and fuzzy, soft mats. This simple upgrade can really change the look and feel of your bathroom.
- Deep Clean: This one seems pretty straightforward but giving your bathroom a deep clean is the best way to freshen up your bathroom. Windex the mirror, scrub the shower, mop the floor, and don’t forget the baseboards.
- Change Your Showerhead: Showerheads should be changed periodically and yours may be way overdue. This simple fix can be completed for under $50 and a trip to the hardware store. And while you’re at it why not choose an eco-friendly, yet lavish rainwater showerhead?
- Matching Bottles: Want your bathroom to have a spa-like feel? Remove shampoos, conditioners, and soaps from their boring containers and transfer them to matching bottles.
Photo by Little Green Shed
- Add Some Greenery: Succulents, ferns, or even pleasant smelling plants like lavender and eucalyptus are great additions to a bathroom. Adding plants brings the outdoors into your bathroom.
Photo by Apartment Therapy
- Make a Gallery Wall: You’ve probably been in a bathroom at a restaurant or Air BnB that featured a gallery wall. Why not create you own. Add an array of mismatched pieces or complimentary pieces to show off your unique style, and give your guests something to admire.
- Candles: Candles are always a good idea in the bathroom. They create a tranquil environment and produces sweet scents that will make using your bathroom a joy. Make sure to light them before your guests arrive to create an ambiance of relaxation.
Photo by Listing More
- Behind the Toilet Shelves: Behind the toilet shelving is a great way to use unused space. Whether you choose a one piece that sits behind the toilet or add multiple floating shelves, this extra storage is a great way to add fun elements into your bathroom such as cute baskets, plants, and more.
Like these ideas? Feel free to share this post with friends and family so they can spruce up their bathrooms this holiday season.
And when you’re ready for a bathroom remodel, Re-Bath will be here to help you with all your bathroom needs. Just give us a call – we always offer Free, No Commitment, In-Home Consultations.