5 Hottest 2017 Bathroom Trends of the Year
2016 is finally over and with a new year comes new changes to the 2017 bathroom trends in design and composition. From new colors to smart storage ideas, and even getting a little funky with dimensional tile, we are bringing you the best 2017 has to offer when it comes to designing your bathroom.
1) Colors of the Year: Every year Pantone, the experts in color, create a color matching system to best fit the latest trends and styles of the upcoming year. This year “Greenery” was chosen as the Pantone color of the Year for 2017.
Green is a great way to bring nature into your bathroom, whether through paint, plants, or décor. Its complementary colors combine dark and moody tones including emeralds, ruby, and navy. They also contrast with pastels to be used as accents offsetting the bright whites that never go out of style, or to give a pop of color to neutrals, or to tone down dark colors.
2) Smart Storage: Storage is essential in the bathroom but with the creation of new designs storage is more than just the usual sliding drawers. Some of the most popular creative storage options are long and lean vertical drawers, open storage on the side of cabinetry, drawer dividers, and specifically designed pullouts to fit your space.
Newer medicine cabinets are more decorative and make a statement, combining the necessity of a mirror with the functionality of hidden storage.
3) Organic Elements: Elements from nature such as wood, stone, metal, and ceramic will never go out of style. These classic designs add warmth to any room and mesh perfectly with whites, neutrals, and grays. Most people find that organic elements bring a sense of tranquility to their bathroom and are usually paired with plants.
If budgetary restrictions prohibit you from adding high-end items such as furniture-like vanities, copper tubs, or marble tile don’t fret. With new technologies many products are available that look identical to these must have items but only cost a fraction of the price.
4) Farmhouse Décor: With the popularity of HGTV shows like Fixer Upper, farmhouse décor is popping up in stores, design catalogues, and even in the bathroom. Farmhouse décor is an interior design trend that represents the simplicity and beauty of rural living and the simplistic ideas of the past, incorporating freestanding tubs, large basin sinks, rustic ladder towel holders, woven or metal baskets, open storage, exposed beams and an abundance of wood.
Of course, no farmhouse décor would be complete without shiplap, the inexpensive wooden siding used commonly for exteriors that has been making it’s way into homes the past few years. Shiplap can be seen in the photo above to the right, and is primarily used as a feature wall or to bring texture into the bathroom.
5) Dimensional Tile: Tile that creates movement and depth are making waves in the bathroom. In the same way wallpaper adds dimension, tile can create an entirely new room. As the same way wallpaper can be bold and overwhelming, same goes with dimensional tile, use this technique for an accent wall, behind a vanity or toilet area. When working within a budget use these tiles as a mirror surround or as a feature strip in the shower.
If a new bathroom is one of your resolutions give Re-Bath a call! We offer a free, no-commitment in-home design consultation with a guaranteed quote on the spot. We’d love to bring your remodel up to speed with the best 2017 bathroom trends with these or other great elements.